New Camper Information
Camp Horizons is for people who are:
- Mild to moderately developmentally disabled and able to be supported fully and effectively within a 1:5 ratio;
- Ambulatory and physically able to participate in an active camping program (our facility is not wheelchair accessible);
- Reasonably proficient in activities of daily living such as eating, toileting, bathing and shaving; counselors will of course assist campers in these activities as needed;
- Able to sleep through the night; no awake 3rd shift provided;
- Between the ages of 8-80; there is a summer Masters Program designed for campers 40 and up.
Camp Horizons is a positive environment. We build on what campers can do, promote their self-esteem, and support them as they grow. We recognize that each person who has developmental disabilities is unique and has individual strengths, needs, talents and gifts. As our campers engage in a variety of activities, they have opportunities to be independent and make choices.
CLICK HERE for information about Get Acquainted Days, your opportunity to visit and see camp in progress!
CLICK HERE to view downloadable forms needed for camper registration.