High School Transition Supports
Horizons is an education provider. We can help implement your child's IEP.
For over 20 years Horizons ESS has helped high school students make the transition to adult life by...
- Preparing students age 16 to 21 for their lives after high school
- Teaching employment skills along with independent living and community skills
- Using community-based, out-of-the-classroom settings
- Ensuring smoothest transition between school & adult services
- Developing internships based on individual interests, preferences and strengths
- Stressing the whole person – beyond context of school to roles as co-worker, friend and family member
- Avoiding labels and encouraging choices
- Offering real and immediate employment opportunities through the Horizons SEO programs
- Encouraging success by promoting job development, seminars, workshops, and partnerships with local businesses and universities
- Providing Situational Vocational Assessments